15 positions for Early Stage Researchers in HONOURs
EU Horizon 2020 Marie Skłodowska-Curie project on host switching pathogens, infectious outbreaks and zoonosis; Project 721367
HONOURs is a Marie Skłodowska-Curie Action (MSCA) training network with a consortium of high profile universities, research institutions and companies located in Belgium, Germany, the Netherlands, Spain, Switzerland and the United Kingdom. HONOURs is looking for highly motivated and talented students with a MSc degree in Life Sciences (medicine, biology, biochemistry, microbiology etc) who are interested in viruses and infectious diseases. The objective of HONOURs is to train 15 Early Stage Researchers (ESRs) at the interface of veterinary and human health, virology, biostatistics, and pathogen discovery.
- Highly competitive and attractive salary and working conditions
- Challenging research projects to lead to a dissertation (PhD thesis)
- Excellent facilities for research
- Training in state-of-the-art scientific skills and transferable skills
- Training in academic and industrial settings
- Secondments in several research laboratories
HONOURs is looking for candidates that:
- Are highly motivated and talented
- Are keen on intra-Europe mobility to perform research abroad
- Have good communication skills
- Have a MSc degree in Life Sciences or obtain a MSc degree by August 2017
- Have obtained high grades during her/his studies
- Have English language proficiency
- Fulfil the eligibility criteria for a Marie Skłodowska-Curie Action (MSCA) training network H2020 (see below “specific eligibility criteria”)
All applications proceed through the on-line recruitment portal. Candidates apply electronically for one of the positions, and they provide a CV and a motivation letter for the ESR position of choice. Candidates may apply for more than one position via separate applications, which is performed via independent entries on the on-line recruitment portal.
During registration, applicants will need to prove that they are eligible (three aspects: respect ESR definition, mobility criteria, English language proficiency e.g via TOEFL-test).
An HONOURs Selection Committee (SC) is appointed by the host institute for each position/project. The SC chooses between 10 and maximum 30 candidates per positions for the first round of selection. The first round selection will be via Skype. Second round selection will be via a face to face meeting. To facilitate travel for the face to face meeting, selected candidates will receive a fixed, lump sum of 250 euro (in case they are not residing in the country of the host institute). The Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers functions as a set of principles and ensures that the selection procedures are transparent and fair.
HONOURs specifically encourages women, social minorities, and refugees to apply.
Specific eligibility criteria:
The eligibility criteria of MSCA training networks apply. Only applicants who comply to the following conditions will be considered:
Early-stage researchers (ESR) are those who are, at the time of recruitment by the host, in the first four years (full-time equivalent) of their research careers. This is measured from the date when they obtained the degree which formally entitles them to embark on a doctorate, either in the country in which the degree was obtained or in the country in which the research training is provided, irrespective of whether or not a doctorate was envisaged.
Full-Time Equivalent Research Experience is measured from the date when the researcher obtained the degree entitling him/her to embark on a doctorate (either in the country in which the degree was obtained or in the country in which the researcher is recruited, even if a doctorate was never started or envisaged).
Mobility Rule: researchers must not have resided or carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc.) in the country of the recruiting beneficiary for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately before the Date of Recruitment. Compulsory national service, short stays such as holidays, and time spent as part of a procedure for obtaining refugee status under the Geneva Convention are not taken into account.
Date of Recruitment means the first day of the employment of the ESR (i.e. the starting date indicated in the employment contract).
- 15th April 2017: all 15 ESR positions/project descriptions on the website and opening of the on-line recruitment portal
- 01st June 2017: Deadline for on-line application for ESR1, 2, 4-10, 13 and 15
- 14th June 2017: Deadline for on-line application for ESR3, ESR11, and ESR14
- 16th June 2017: Deadline for on-line application for ESR12
- September - November 2017: HONOURs ESRs recruited and presented on the HONOURs website
Number of positions still open:
0 positions for Early Stage Researchers